CardGuard Policy Summary
About Our Services
CardGuard is provided by Card Protection Plan Limited (CPP). Registered office: Holgate Park, Holgate Road, York YO26 4GA.
This is a policy summary. It does not contain the full terms and conditions of our CardGuard product. Full terms and conditions can be found in the policy document sent in your welcome pack.
Your card protection policy is provided by Card Protection Plan Limited (FSA authorisation number 311489). Your policy provides worldwide cover against loss, theft and unauthorised use of your cards. Emergency financial assistance is also available.
CPP arranges direct cover for you, with ACE European Group Limited, The ACE Building, 100 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 3BP. ACE is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA authorisation number 202803). CPP carries out all aspects of policy administration, including processing claims, as agent of ACE. Please note that when handling any claim made under this policy, CPP will act as agent of ACE and not as agent of any policyholder.
Policy benefits include:
- The ability to make one phone call to CPP and all your cards will be cancelled
- Up to £1,000 cover against fraudulent use of your cards before you notify CPP of the loss. Up to £50,000 after notification provided you notify CPP within 24 hours of discovering your cards are missing. See policy section B1.
- Cash advance of up to £1,500 per policyholder if you're away from home when your cards are lost or stolen (loan made subject to status and repayable within 28 days). See policy section B8.
- Advance of up to £1,500 per policyholder to help pay hotel bills if you're abroad when your cards are lost or stolen (loan made subject to status and repayable within 28 days). See policy section B3.
- Advance of up to £2,500 per policyholder for replacement travel tickets if you're away from home when your cards are lost or stolen (loan made subject to status and repayable within 28 days). See policy section B9.
Exclusions (see policy section A2):
This policy does not cover your liability to a card issuer if:
- You use a card in a way which the issuer does not allow; or
- Someone other than you who lives at your home uses the card without your permission
CardGuard is sold as a one year policy and will renew automatically unless you tell CPP otherwise.
You have the right to cancel your policy. You have a statutory period of 14 days from the start date detailed on your welcome pack. Please call
If you need to make a claim on your policy, please call us at any time on
Complaints should be addressed to The Complaints Manager, Card Protection Plan Limited, Holgate Park, Holgate Road, York YO26 4GA. If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. CPP is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
CPP is a registered Trademark of CPP Group Plc.Back